A Child Academy’s preschool is centered on preparing your child for the critical transition into school. Our A Beka curriculum is structured to sharpen reading, writing, math, and social skills so that your preschooler will be ready for the academic and social challenges ahead.
The basis of our educational program can be summarized as “A.A.R.M.S.” (Arithmetic, Arts, Reading, Music, and Science). This acronym symbolizes the connection that is made as our loving, experienced staff reaches out to students during this essential period in their learning development:
- Arithmetic presents an introduction to the basis of logic and numbers.
- Art is an instrument for creative exploration and self-expression.
- Reading, as a building block of all education, shapes future attitudes about learning.
- Music is used as a listening tool to understand tone and expand into rhythm.
- Science provides a way to discover our earth through curious exploration.
We present these elements in a group setting, where children begin to understand the value of being a team player. We use positive reinforcement and the Golden Rule to encourage listening, sharing, taking turns, and cooperation with each other. Building these social skills is critical to success in the classroom.
Understanding that a well-rounded child becomes a flourishing, ambitious student, A Child’s Academy has incorporated three enhancement courses for our three-year-olds. These enrichment programs broaden your child’s education and our core education program:
- Computers. We maintain a complete computer lab to introduce preschoolers to technology. As our society becomes increasingly reliant upon technology, we recognize the importance of integrating this component into the classroom at an early age.
- Spanish. Comprehension of Spanish creates an awareness of social diversity while promoting the development of communication skills. We offer Spanish classes to provide a basic understanding of this useful language to our young learners.
- Gymnastics. A strong mind should be paired with a strong body. A “Fun & Fit” bus comes to A Child’s Academy to teach gymnastics and tumbling skills to our preschoolers. This activity builds strength, coordination, and readiness for more complex motor skills.
Private Tour Appointments
Rate & Info Request
CLICK for Summer Camp Info
Have You Thought About Your After-School Program for the Up-Coming School Year?
• Study Hall
• Music & Art
• Video Arcade
• Water Park
• Outdoor Play on the Big Castle
• Fun and More!
Updates, Inspiration, Ideas & More
Why our Parents Love ACA:
Maisha & Joseph Larkin, Gainesville, FL