At A Child’s Academy, your baby gets extra-special care. Our Infant Room was designed with safety and comfort in mind. We also seek to provide valuable stimulation when your baby is awake and alert, to promote essential development. Babies play, listen to stories, and interact with teachers and caregivers. They are only placed in their cribs at nap time. They also enjoy rides in our safe strollers to enjoy fresh air on the days when the weather cooperates!
Activities for Infants:
- Physical Stimulation. Young babies are developing at a very fast pace at this stage. We present gross motor activities to help build and fine-tune movement skills to achieve simple body movements for mobile infants.
- Ball games help to produce movements of the legs as well as the hands, developing coordination.
- Bell Anklets produce important leg movement.
- Turning and changing position promotes movement in the large muscle groups.
- Offering objects at a reasonable distance is designed to produce movement in small muscle groups and also requires concentration skills.
- Crawl games are any activity that stimulates your baby’s crawling mechanisms.
- Intellectual Stimulation. Through verbal exchanges, playing music, and making various noises, we guide your infant to explore objects for size, shape, color, texture, movement, position, and sound. In this way, we facilitate bottle holding, fingering foods, picking up small objects, and learning to creep, crawl, and walk.
- Social Development. Through interaction with familiar people and each other, the babies receive reassurance and nurturing at all times. Our caregivers offer a gentle touch and a calm voice while encouraging friendly play.
To keep you abreast of your child’s progress, our staff keeps a log of all of your child’s feedings, diaper changes and activities, as well as his or her general mood and disposition. A copy of your infant’s daily report is given to you every day.
We consistently earn an A+ in Good Hygiene! We have incorporated a strict protocol to ensure a clean, healthy environment:
- Dedicated Cribs. We guarantee a dedicated crib for your baby, where all the crib paraphernalia and toys are his or hers alone.
- Sleeping Mats. Each one-year-old sleeps on the same mat every day at nap time. Every mat is disinfected daily.
- Vertical Cribs isolate a child from other children.
- Crib Sheets are changed on a regular basis.
- Changing Tables are disinfected after each diaper change.
- Crib Toys are disinfected regularly and are never shared by two infants.
- Play Mats are disinfected after each use.
- Hand Washing. Teachers use disinfectant soap in regular hand-washings.
- Nightly Cleaning. In addition to area cleanings during the day, the Infant Room is thoroughly cleaned every night.
Private Tour Appointments
Rate & Info Request
CLICK for Summer Camp Info
Have You Thought About Your After-School Program for the Up-Coming School Year?
• Study Hall
• Music & Art
• Video Arcade
• Water Park
• Outdoor Play on the Big Castle
• Fun and More!
Updates, Inspiration, Ideas & More
Why our Parents Love ACA:
Tim & Christi Crawford, Gainesville, FL