Sweet Summertime is almost here! It is our first official “Summer Vacation” with our kiddos this year. As much as we dreaded them starting preschool this year, we have gotten use to the nice little 3 hour break 2 times a week. Now it is time to put on the creative thinking caps and keep them busy!!! Here are some simple and Savvy ideas that we found entertaining and fun for kids of all ages!
We love Martha Stewart for so many reasons! Here are a few ideas we found from her 60 Days of Summer Activites . 1. Get the kids in the kitchen and whip up some cool treats. These Ice pops made from your kids favorite pureed fruits are the perfect Summer treat. Use yogurt containers or milk cartons for the molds for fun shapes! 2. The outdoors and Summer go hand in hand! Keep your kids busy by creating an Obstacle Course made from hula hoops, buckets, cardboard boxes, balloons, whatever you can find that is kid friendly! 3. Taking a trip or two to the beach? Bring home extra shells and get crafty! Create a Shell Wind Chime using string and sticks. 4. Water balloons are always a fun way to cool off, but try thisSponge Ball idea made from cut up sponges and string that will last longer than balloons too! 5. Decorate your front porch or your 4th of July celebration with these simple Holiday Lanterns made from construction paper. 6. Invite the neighborhood kids over and set up a “Sprinkler Party” for instant fun!
Have a camp out in your own backyard! Gather up your tent, sleeping bags, board games, flash lights, and snacks and have a “stay-cation” a few feet from home! Keep the kids busy with a scavenger hunt, sleeping bag races and of course S’mores! Don’t have a fire pit handy? Have your kids help bake up these yummyS’more cupcakes ahead of time. Find more camp out activities here.
We all will hear it one time or another this Summer……”Mom, I’m bored!” I was shocked the other day when I heard that from my 4 year old. Shocked first of all that it has started so young but also shocked that a whole entire playroom sits there and she was still “bored”. We came across this great idea from Somewhat Simple when you happen to hear those nails on a chalkboard words! The “Mom I’m Bored” jar is what very well could be the perfect solution to that problem!
If you are still stumped, the creative Laura Winslow of Laura Winslow Photography has created this FREE and adorable 8×10 printable LOADED with101 Bits of Summer Fun! We are going to make this our Summer Checklist!
Do you have any Summer bordem buster tips or ideas? We would love to hear them!
Have a Safe and Happy Summer!
- after school care gainesville fl (46)
- Child Care (8)
- child care (46)
- child care gainesville (46)
- child care gainesville fl (45)
- child care in gainesville fl (46)
- childcare (45)
- childcare gainesville (45)
- childcare gainesville fl (46)
- Day Care (3)
- day care (45)
- day care centers gainesville fl (46)
- day care gainesville (46)
- day care gainesville fl (46)
- day care gainesville florida (46)
- Daycare (3)
- daycare (46)
- daycare gainesville (46)
- daycare gainesville fl (46)
- daycare gainesville florida (45)
- daycares (45)
- daycares gainesville fl (46)
- daycares in gainesville fl (45)
- Early Childhood (26)
- fl child care (44)
- Food (1)
- Fundraising (1)
- gainesville child care (46)
- gainesville childcare (45)
- gainesville day care (45)
- gainesville daycare (45)
- gainesville fl preschools (45)
- Gainesville Preschool (4)
- gainesville preschool (45)
- gainesville summer camps (45)
- Gifts (1)
- Halloween (1)
- Health (2)
- Holiday (2)
- infant care gainesville fl (44)
- Information for Parents (21)
- o2b kids (44)
- Pre-School (1)
- Preschool (44)
- preschool gainesville (45)
- preschool gainesville fl (45)
- preschools (45)
- preschools gainesville fl (45)
- preschools in gainesville fl (44)
- Summer (1)
- Summer Camp (38)
- summer camp gainesville fl (45)
- summer camps in gainesville fl (45)
- Technology (1)
- vpk (45)
Private Tour Appointments
Rate & Info Request
Have You Thought About Your After-School Program for the Up-Coming School Year?
• Study Hall
• Music & Art
• Video Arcade
• Water Park
• Outdoor Play on the Big Castle
• Fun and More!
Updates, Inspiration, Ideas & More
Why our Parents Love ACA:
Rachael & Bryan Engebretsen, Gainesville, FL