If you’ve been to camp, you’re not surprised when you hear about the benefits of summer camp. Experiencing life at camp yourself as a child, you know the profound positive effects that still matter to you as an adult, and you also know that you want the same thing for your own kids.
But if you didn’t go to camp as a child, you may not realize just how good the experience is for children. You may not know why so many parents are committed to sending their kids to camp. So while we have talked about most of these before, here is a list of the most important reasons to send your kids to camp.
At camp, children:
10. Spend their day being physically active – As children spend so much time these days inside and mostly sitting down, camp provides a wonderful opportunity to move. Running, swimming, jumping, hiking, climbing! Camp is action!
9. Experience success and become more confident – Camp helps children build self-confidence and self-esteem by removing the kind of academic, athletic and social competition that shapes their lives at school. With its non-competitive activities and diverse opportunities to succeed, camp life is a real boost for young people. There’s accomplishment every day. Camp teaches kids that they can.
8. Gain resiliency – The kind of encouragement and nurture kids receive at camp makes it a great environment to endure setbacks, try new (and thereby maybe a little frightening) things, and see that improvement comes when you give something another try. Camp helps conquer fears.
7. Unplug from technology – When kids take a break from TV, cell phones, and the Internet, they rediscover their creative powers and engage the real world— real people, real activities, and real emotions. They realize, there’s always plenty to do. Camp is real!
6. Develop life-long skills – Camps provide the right instruction, equipment and facilities for kids to enhance their sports abilities, their artistic talents, and their adventure skills. The sheer variety of activities offered at camp, makes it easy for kids to discover and develop what they like to do. Camp expands every child’s abilities.
5. Grow more independent – Camp is the perfect place for kids to practice making decisions for themselves without parents guiding every move. Managing their daily choices in the safe, caring environment of camp, children welcome this as a freedom to blossom in new directions. Camp helps kids develop who they are.
4. Have free time for unstructured play – Free from the overly-structured, overly-scheduled routines of home and school, life at camp gives children much needed free time to just play. Camp is a slice of carefree living where kids can relax, laugh, and be silly all day long. At camp we play!
3. Learn social skills – Coming to camp means joining a close-knit community where everyone must agree to cooperate and respect each other. When they live in a cabin with others, kids share chores, resolve disagreements, and see firsthand the importance of sincere communication. Camp builds teamwork.
2. Reconnect with nature – Camp is a wonderful antidote to “nature deficit disorder,” to the narrow experience of modern indoor life. Outdoor experience enriches kid’s perception of the world and supports healthy child development. Camp get kids back outside.
1. Make true friends – Camp is the place where kids make their very best friends. Free from the social expectations pressuring them at school, camp encourages kids to relax and make friends easily. All the fun at camp draws everyone together— singing, laughing, talking, playing, doing almost everything together. Everyday, camp creates friendships.
See? Camp is great.
A Child’s Academy is offering Super Hero Summer Camp. It is a Unique and Fresh Gainesville Sumer Camp that wee encourage you to find out more about our Summer Camp.
- Child Care (8)
- Day Care (1)
- Daycare (1)
- Early Childhood (1)
- Fundraising (1)
- Gainesville Preschool (2)
- Gifts (1)
- Holiday (2)
- Information for Parents (6)
- Pre-School (1)
- Preschool (32)
- Special Needs (1)
- Summer (1)
- Summer Camp (1)
- Technology (1)
Drop In Care Program
Click here to register for more information
Have You Thought About Your After-School Program for the Up-Coming School Year?
• Study Hall
• Music & Art
• Video Arcade
• Water Park
• Outdoor Play on the Big Castle
• Fun and More!
Updates, Inspiration, Ideas & More
Private Tour Appointments
Why our Parents Love ACA:
At ACA Alice likes being socialized with all the other children and the teachers. She loves when Ms. Claret sings her Spanish songs, when Katrina teaches her sign language, when getting introduced to English by Ms. Gail and all the other teachers. She loves it when teachers take her outside to the playground when they introduce new games, plays, songs to her. She loves learning table manners from the teachers and sharing the environment with the other children. Whenever I have time to look after her at home, I still prefer to take her to ACA, since she is learning so much at ACA in addition to having lots of fun.
The cheerful and helpful attitude of administration, Ms. Pat and Ms. Heather makes the transition of a baby from home to daycare possible. With their help parents feel more comfortable in leaving their baby in the hands of a trustworthy second address. We feel very happy with the decision of bringing Alice to ACA due to the atmosphere which is consisted of love, care, safety, and dedication.”
Mine & Serdar Astarlioglu, Gainesville, FL